1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favourite yarn, that's a tough one, but I love alpaca and wool, and I love multicolored yarn and especially handdyed yarn. I don't ever knit in acrylic yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two wonderful, homesewn needle cases made by my friend Babsy.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was four years old and I learned it from my kindergarden teacher. My neighbour taught med to knit cables. I think I'm an advanced knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I do love to read. Since I'm a mother I don't have time to read that much, so many of the conteporary writers is still unread.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Light and easy flower scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I like candy. I like most every sweets. Love to taste new things.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet, but I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to almost everything. My favorite band is The Doors, but mostly I listen to r'nb.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like clean, bright colors. Lately I have been wearing a lot of purple and pink, but I like red, blue, turquiose as well, and of course brown, black and white.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a 3 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. We don't have any pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I like to wear scarves, hats and mittens, but not ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have to say socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Well, right now I'm knitting a jacket to me, a pair of socks to me, a bag, a hat and sweater for my son.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I love handmade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer dobble pinned needles and circular needles from Knit Pics and in bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Two years and it's just going to end up as a UFO.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Relaxing with my family at the beach with me knitting, the kids playing in the sand and my husband next to me.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect knitting patterns, books, movies and great moments.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions and love to get my hands on knitting magazines. Love to try Thomas Tilli yarn, love Rowan's books, sock pattern books and one skein pattern books.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I can't think of any right now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I'm a sock knitter. My feet are small, I use a size is a European 35, a British 3 and a US 5.
23. When is your birthday?
24th of February.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I'm on Ravelry. You can find me there as amylin.