Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas In Hollies

Under en uke igjen til jul. I helgen så jeg den ultimate julefilmen, Love Actually. Utrolig hvor mange scener jeg elsker i den filmen, og den blir virkelig ikke dårligere av å se den hvert år. Jeg kommer helt sikkert til å se den igjen en gang til før jul. Åpningsscenen rører meg hver gang.
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." 

Eller hva med: "There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?"  Og ingen kan vel la være å bli sjarmert av: "Eight is a lot of legs, David." Og hvert eneste år er den mest hjerteskjærende scenen Emma Thompson på soverommet til Joni Mithcels Both Sides, Now. Jo, jeg må nok se den en gang til, merker jeg. Utrolig at en film jeg har sett hver jul kan røre meg like mye hver eneste gang. 

Jeg har strikket ferdig et par sokker, Vanilla Is The New Black. De hadde en hæl jeg aldri har strikket før, og jeg var egentlig litt usikker på om jeg likte den. Men så har jeg gått med sokkene, og jeg liker den. De sitter godt på foten, og hælen var enkel å strikke. Kan godt hende jeg kommer til å bruke den hælen igjen. Sokkene er mitt bidrag til Giftalong på Ravelry, og nå er jeg ferdig med tre kategorier av åtte. Gjenstår å se om jeg klarer de siste før 2018. Jeg hadde store planer om å strikke ferdig prosjekter på pinnene, men på lørdag startet jeg på et sjal og i dag startet jeg på en babygenser. Begge deler er bidrag til Giftalong på Ravelry, men hjelper ikke på min plan om å gjøre ferdig prosjekter da. Sokkene er ferdig, og noen ganger kan man lure på hva i alle dager man driver med. Ikke strikkinga, men å ta prosjektbilder ute mens det snør sidelengs. Gale strikkedamer!!! Takk, Monstermønster for at du gidder! Sokkene er strikket i Lang Yarns med glitter på pinne 2,5 mm. 

Og to flotte kalendergaver igjen, et nøste med ull og godteri. 

(Tittel: Christmas In Hollies - Run DMC) 







Less than a week before Christmas. This weekend I watched the ultimate Christmas movie, Love Actually. Incredible how many of the scenes I love, and it stands the time and getting watched over and over again. I'll probably watch it once more before Christmas. The opening touches me every time. 
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." 

Or what about: There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?"  And who can not be charmed by: "Eight is a lot of legs, David."  The most heart breaking scene is always the scene where Emma Thompson cries silently in the bedroom while Joni Mitchel sings Both Sides, Now. Yes, I have to watch it again before Christmas. Amazing how that movie can touch me every time I watch it. 

I've finished a pair of socks, Vanilla Is The New Black. The socks had a new heal I haven't tried before, and in the beginning I wasn't really sure if I liked it. But after wearing the socks, I really like it. They fit good, and the heel was easy to knit. I might use that heel on more socks. The socks are my project in the feet-category in the Giftalong at Ravelry. And now I'm done with three out of the eight categories. I'm still aiming to finish all eight before 2018. I had big plans finishing up my WIPs before 2018 too, but Saturday I cast on a shawl and today I cast on a baby sweater. Both fit into a category in the Giftalong, but doesn't really help my plan on finishing up WIPs. Anyway, socks are done, and sometimes I just wonder what I'm doing. Not the knitting, but the photographing of the FO. Saturday I was out in snow blowing sideways taking photos. Yeah, that's normal! Thank you, Monstermerete, for doing it and keep up with me. The socks are knitted in Lang Yarns with stelina on needles 2,5 mm. 

And two great calendargifts aging, a skein of wool and candy. 

(Title: Christmas In Hollies - Run DMC) 

No comments: