1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I like to knit with mostly anything, but not acrylic. I love Noro Kureyon, haven't tried the other Noro yarns but love to try. I knit a lot of socks in Opal and am knitting my first pair in Regia. Haven't tried Lornas laces yet, but it's on my wish list. Love handdyed yarn and handspun yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?For now a basket which is a big mess. I really want a needlepin-case and I have bought materials to make me one, but I'm not that good a seamstress so I don't know how it will go.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I have been knitting since I was 4 years old. I learned it in kindergarden from a lady who worked there. She was knitting and I was curious and eager to learn.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?No, not at the moment, but I might make one. It's actually a good idea. I probably make one during the week.
5. What's your favorite scent?I like lavender and rose smells and light smells that reminds me of spring and summer. I use DKNY perfume or Woman of Ralph Laurent. I use some scented candles, but only small ones.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?I have a sweet tooth, yes. I love chocolat, milk chocolat. But my favorite candy is chips with pepper, chili or BBQ.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I crochet sometimes, and sometimes I do cross stitch. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like music from the eighties, like Duran Duran, Madonna, Depeche Mode, Erasure and a lot of other artists. My favorite bands are The Doors. Love Pink Floyd and U2 as well. Recent music is a lot of R'nB, Eminem, Destiny's child, Akon, Usher among them.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I love pink, mostly light pink, turquiose, blue, brown, white, red, purple, grey and black. I don't wear a lot of yellow or orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am married and have to kids, a girl 5 years old and a boy 2 years old. We don't have any pets, because I'm allergic.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I wear a lot of that, I live in Norway and get cold easily.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?I knit mostly anything. I knit a lot of socks, but that's because I get cold feet easily and need a lot of socks and the children grow out of theirs.
13. What are you knitting right now?Ehem, a lot of things. I knit Beaded Cami from Black dog design, a woollen tights for my son, socks for me, a shawl for me, a skirt for my daughter and a sweater for my son.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?YES.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I prefer DBN and circular needles in bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Not yet, but I have just ordered.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?I have a sweater for my husband that's missing a zipper from last year.
18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?I collect cd's, yarn, books (I read English books) and movies.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I don't subscribe any knitting magazines. I like to get my hand on some silk yarn and I love all books and knitting magazines. I think I do collect one more thing, patterns. I like Debbie Bliss patterns, Rowan patterns and a lot of other stuff as well.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Can't think of any.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?I'm a sock knitter. I have very small feet, a European size 35-36.
23. When is your birthday?February 24th.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?No, I have just figured out what that is and signed up today so probably from Christmas???