Saturday, January 01, 2011

Secret Pal 16 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?

My favorite yarn is handdyed yarn, since I don't have that much of it! I like Wollmeise, Sanguine Gryphon, Malabrigo but a lot of other yarn types as well. I knit a lot of socks, children's clothes and clothes to me. I'm not a big shawl knitter. I also like alpaca, silk and cashmir. I don't like acryl or yarn with a lot of acryl in it. I love natural fibers.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have an Edward Cullen box for my dp needles and a handmade needle bag for some of my Knit Picks needles, but I need more. I have a lot of needles, and I don't sew myself.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since I was 4 years old and I learned it in kinder garden. I would consider myself an advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, I don't.

5. What’s your favorite scent?

I love yasmin and other light summerly flower scents. I love lavendel as well.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh yes, I have a sweet tooth. I love chips like Hoola Hoops and other kind. I like milk chocolate or chocolate with a bit of orange taste and dark chocolate. I love liqorice, especially the salt kind.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet a bit, but I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have an iPod and my computer plays MP3-files. I love to listen to music. I'm a rockfan. Love Muse, U2, Pink Floyd, the Doors, 30 Seconds to Mars, Interpol, Paramore, Green Day, White Lies, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Adam Lambert, Cinema Bizarre but also Simon & Garfunkel, Sandy Thom and I love to be introduced to new bands.

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?

I love blue, turqoise, purple and strong colors. I'm not particularly fond of orange, yellow and bright green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married and have two kids, a boy 5 years and a girl 8 years. I'm allergic to animal hairs/fur.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear everything that'll keep me warm;)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I knit a lot of socks, but also sweaters and tunics and dresses.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Right now I'm knitting a jacket to myself, Tomten to my husband, a pair of socks, a hat, a vest and you get the picture? I knit a lot at the same time.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I love handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer Knit Picks Harmony Wood's needles both straight and circular. In Norway we can't get the 2,25, 3,25 and 2,75, 3,75 mm needles, so I need more of those.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About a year old.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

My favorite holiday is summer. I observe Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Obvisously yarn, knitting needles, but also books, cds and movies.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I love knitting magazines published in other countries than in Norway, and right now I don't subscribe on any magazines at all. Patterns I would love to have is on my queue on Ravelry. I'll update it. Yarns, well love to get Knit Picks yarn, since we can't get it shipped to Norway. I love as said, handdyed yarn, so any handdyed yarn I'd love.

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?

Not that I can think of.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Oh yes, I'm a sock knitter indead. My foot is a size 36 European size, 3,5 British size and 6 American size.

23. When is your birthday?

My birthday is 24th February.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?

Yes, I'm on Ravelry as amylin.

2 comments:

Daria said...

kjekkt med disse:)liker vottene dine kjempe godt:)godt nytt år:)

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Pal, i'm your spoiler :)

Couldn't find your e-mail adress ottherwise i would've written there, mine is squirellwhiskers@googlemail.com

Happy new year :)

squirrel